Friday, June 26, 2009

And now for something completely different...

Edit: Eee - I just realised it's been almost two weeks, apologies to the two people who still stop by :)

A
Blood Bowl write up...

I decided to break into the royal treasury and steal some loot, coming away with a million gold pieces, what more can I do I thought, but make my own team. I went and conscripted some elves, they're fast, agile, can jump and throw, what more do you need? Straight onto the pitch, humans first, this will be easy I thought, chuckling with glee.

Three minutes into the match they killed my Star Wardancer, sent the other Wardancer off with a broken knee and had half my team flattened on the pitch. Not a good start to my coaching career. We managed to make it through the game with the team intact and had a restful week recuperating. To face up to a full team of dwarfs...

Needless to say I ran away a quarter of the way into the much with my hat pulled low to hide my face. Luckily, I passed the gate on the way out and 'borrowed' some financing. After lay lowing for a bit, I considered what i could do next - it'd have to be goblins, they'd be the only ones stupid enough to let me coach after that disastrous start. So I went and bribed some goblins. This was going to be much better.

Chainsaw? Check.
Pogo Stick? Check.
Ball and Chain? Check.

The match started off awesome, the first thing was the ref getting creamed by the fans, hello chainsaw for a full half. I lost but at least we got to chop some stuff. And a word of warning goblin apothecaries are not, what's the word? Reliable. Twice I had badly injured players who with apothecary treatment would have died. Suffice to say I kept the Apothecaries well away from my players after that.

Then it was dwarfs again...

Scrub goblins, back to Wood Elves I think, at the least the women are hot and they don't keep trying to pee on your leg.

This started out much better, no casualties in the first game and a win!

Then it was Dwarfs, my achilles heel if you will. I managed to eek out a draw but had two deaths and a smashed knee on a Wardancer. Painful.

Game three was Skaven and it started out well, half the opposing team was flat on their back after turn one, but then they did some tricky rat stuff and tripped everyone I sent in to blitz their ball carrier, Score 1 to the rats.

On the receiving end it was much better, I sent a couple of their players off the pitch, broke through their lines and scored! Just before halftime. 1-1 Going into the second half with half the rats were off the pitch either stunned or injured, a breeze I thought, (hoho that's a funny pun when you know my team is called
Leaves in the wind) but they still managed to hobnail my catcher with the ball and blitz him through three tackle zones, thankfully some quick passing between my lineman saw one of them dive over into the end zone just four minutes to the end of the match... Victory 2-1 to the Wood Elf's

1 comment:

  1. Woo! Go Leaves In The Wind!

    Nice play report mate.

    ReplyDelete