Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 3 - Life from the eyes of a tree...

Is unbelievably boring. And it's cold. And my tail is bent at an odd angle. And I look stupid on this stupid beach. 

Wait is that him? No! Just a stupid crab. I hate waiting on this misbegotten stretch of land. There are weird creatures making hooting noises in the trees (i don't think they're owls) and I'm wet from swimming over here. Honest to god you'd think these people have never heard of a bridge. I can't believe I got roped into this deal, some weird alien stranger asks me to catch a spy for him and I say "Sure!". I must have been drunk. 

I suppose it is for the greater good.. 
for the greater good...
but really sometimes I feel like I need my head examined. The first one to arrive was one of the short green things, mental note, find out what they're called. I hope it doesn't notice I'm not a real tree. Then the spy arrived. I couldn't believe it!  The one that was running back and forth on the beach, what were they called again? Gnums? Gnoms? Gnorms? Who cares, the sneaky little bastard is betraying all of his friends to someone called the 'Venture Co'. Must remember to never trust the Gnoums. Evil blight they are.

After they had gone away I explored the island a bit more, just in case there was buried pirate treasure, I've heard stories about strange islands. Sadly all I found was some voracious bear-owl-deer creatures. I have named them Berowlder's until I know what they are. Ugly beasts that's for sure.

In the afternoon I swam back to the larger island. They also wanted me to kill some 'warlord' sea-snake thing. It was barely worth the effort of walking down into his cave. The creatures on this world are a bit weak I must say. After doing in the warlord I made my way back to the Admiral on the beach. He was pretty shocked at the discover of the spy and asked me to recover information from the spy. I can read between the words, the people on this planet are bloodthirsty things.

The spy didn't put up much of a fight either. 

Should I feel guilty? I'm a priest! A holy being and all I seem to be doing is killing things, either wild animals or strange races. Still I do seem to be growing more powerful. Maybe it's the air. Or Maybe it's the Naaru way of showing approval for my actions. Maybe we should have been killing each other to appease the Naaru. This is something I will have to ponder. I may need to declare war on my fellow Draenei.

No comments:

Post a Comment