Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Priestly Orders - Day 4 - New Home

Sign up for the clerical order they said!

Only get up early two days a week they said!

Free meals and clothing and accommodation they said!

Sure you have to wear a dress, but it's worth it for a life of ease!

Life of ease my butt. Can I un-enroll? Denounce my faith? Take up the life of a merchant banker and just hang around in the ruins of my once loved home selling junk to strangers and making a tidy profit from each and every listed auction?

No? Damn this world.

Do you have any idea how taxing it is to need to put down the tormented creatures of this world constantly using the powers of my mind? Sure it seems less strenuous than bashing them with a sword, but the headaches you get are really not worth it sometimes. Besides which the stupid sword swingers ending looking buff like pie and they keep stealing all these new night elf women. Sure tails and horns are sexy, but those elf women have the floppy ears...

Mmm... floppy ears.

Where was I? Oh yes. I got to finally see our home today - three and a half days of trekking across monster filled woodlands to get to the original impact site. Suprisingly it was still in good shape. Had walls - people - commerce - art. But the sense of life it had is completely missing, it's now a cold dead place. The thrum of the engines is missing, the movement, the sense that it wasn't just a 'ship'. It was our home. It looked after us and cared for us and in return we looked after and cared for it.

Now I can barely bare to set foot in there. I don't know how the others can stand it...

2 comments:

  1. Cmon, where's the next one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free meals, clothing, and accommodation, huh? Well... only if you kill thing and steal from corpses, I suppose. As for the accommodation... you realize that everyone gets that, right?

    I hope it was worth it to become a priest - if they institute a vow of celibacy, you might want to reroll though!

    ReplyDelete